Can this become a competitor to Xenocode?

May 25, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Hi there,

The project seems very promising. Do you indend to cover a sub(super)set of functionality available in Xenocode? Will it be possible to to use NBox to package standalone .EXEs that do not require .NET framework be installed on the target machine?

Coordinator
May 25, 2009 at 6:40 PM

Hello,

I think that features like obfuscation with dependency resolving and merging at the IL level is the great practice, and it may be will be implemented. But Virtualization and other complex work is not planned now even in the mind :) In the nearest future I want to develop stable tool with small but 100% covered useful functionality and write documentation for developers. There are many limitations in current mechanism (Only Console, WinForms and WPF apps) and it is the first thing that requires more attention. After that it will be ported into Linux/Unix world using Mono and NAnt.

May 25, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Well honestly, I think that the community can benefit from having a free tool that can at least package all the dependencies including the .NET system assemblies into a single .exe. Virtualization is not that important, but the thing I describe -- imo, is.